Monday, September 8, 2008

Fibromyalgia Flare

One of the problems with fibromyalgia is that I never know where my limits are. It is like a limbo stick that is constantly being raised and lowered. Something that doesn't bother me one day will cause a flare another day.

My latest flare I can trace to eating too much pizza. I had been getting away with eating more wheat. I made the mistake of eating three pieces (1/4 of a large pizza) one day and 2 pieces the next day. In retrospect, I should have only eaten one piece.

Wheat seems to be a major cause of my fibromyalgia. When I stay off of wheat, I feel much better. Occasionally, I can get by with a small amount if I don't eat it two days in a row. I think that was my mistake this time.

Now I am finding that my fibro is flaring up more. I had to stay in bed yesterday, get some extra sleep, and generally take it easy.

I am feeling better today, but I am not back to full functioning. I will try to pace myself today as to not overdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment