Monday, December 15, 2008

Do Your Feet Hurt With Fibromyalgia?

I had fibromyalgia a long time before I figured out that the pain in my feet was related to fibromyalgia. I just figured my feet hurt because I had been standing a long time. Then I found a fibromyalgia book that explained that the foot pain was a part of the syndrome.

My mistake yesterday was to wear my dress shoes to work instead of my usual tennis shoes. By last night, the balls of my feet felt like they were on fire!

I usually wear a pair of summer thongs year round around the house. Previously, I would have gone barefoot, but I have found that the thongs give me extra cushion and help with my foot pain. I even wear them in the shower to protect my body from the cold tub floor.

Another technique that I use when my feet hurt is to massage them. That will help to make the pain stop or be less. That is what I did last night.

The other way I help my foot pain is with a foot jacuzzi or foot spa. I bought this at my local discount store. I fill it with warm water. It swirls the water around and also has little bumps in the bottom that you rub your feet on which is like a massage. This works great too for that foot pain.

What do you use to help your foot pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment